New Esterbrook "Estie" Peacock Fountain and Rollerball Pens
The Esterbrook Pen Company, a true American Original, is rewriting its long success story in modern times with a fresh new pen collection based on a complete rebranding. Titled Estie, a kind of nick name for Esterbrook, is a tribute to the brand and its storied history. Short for Esterbrook, ͞Estie͟ also provides a feeling of 1930s nostalgia, when phrases like dingy, dizzy, doggy and brodie were commonplace. A time when fountain pens were an integral part of life and communication for most Americans.
Introducing the most regal Estie to date: the Estie Peacock.
For this Estie, Esterbrook turned to the Peacock’s fabled place in the mythology of India, where the Peacock has been revered for thousands of years.
The pride of the peacock has long been depicted in temple art, writings and music. The peacock’s place in Indian folklore cannot be overemphasized: one of the most important deities, Lord Krishna was known to have adorned his head with the peacocks’ feathers and in illustrations of Shiva, the God of War, he is often accompanied by the peacock as a sign of strength. The peacock symbolized wisdom, royalty and power and it still does today, as the national bird of India.
To illuminate the magnificent colors of the peacock, the Diamondcast material for these writing instruments was developed in collaboration with McKenzie Penworks and gleams just like the glimmering feathers of this majestic bird. Available in rollerball, standard and oversized fountain pens, the Peacock Estie is available in extremely limited quantities, making it just as rare as the glorious avian it represents.
- Comfortably balanced fountain pen in a complete range of points for the way you write
- Nib size/point size extra fine, fine, medium and broad – Specially manufactured in Germany by Jowo
- Blended and turned acrylic made with a mix of colors and a high polished finish
- Cushion cap closure provides a secondary seal to ensure a wet point
- Ink is filled by a cartridge of ink or a converter, which acts like a syringe to draw ink from a bottle
- Sleek palladium clip that provides a clean accent for the cap and slides easily to ones shirt pocket
- Weight: 24g overall
- Measurements: 5.9″ closed, 5″ open, 6.7″ posted
- Jowo #6 nib
Also available in rollerball.
Please call us at 310 208 3529 to be sure your Estie is in stock (inventory changes daily)